The Peanut Shell baby slings are designed to fit the person wearing the sling, rather than the baby.
You will want the sling to fit snug, but feel comfortable. With baby inside, baby should ride in line with your hip bones or above.
If you are new to baby slings, you may feel, even with the correct fit, that the sling is too small. You will know the baby sling is too small if you are unable to get the baby in or you feel like you cannot breathe. Remember: snug, but comfortable.
If you have a Peanut Shell baby sling that is too big, your baby will not feel secure and will ride too low on your body. Using a sling that is too big is not only unsafe for your child, but may also lead to back and shoulder discomfort.
If you don't count our Adjustable Baby Sling, 'one size' usually does not 'fit all', which is why The Peanut Shell offers a variety of sizing options.
Sizing is based on your overall upper body size, torso length, height and personal preference. Use the following chart to find your best fit.
Adjustable Baby Slings
Adjustable baby slings are suitable for babies weighing between 8 and 26 pounds.
Classic Baby Slings
Classic baby slings are suitable for babies weighing between 8 and 36 pounds.
Embark and Evolve Organic Carriers
| Belt 49"
Embark and Evolve Organic Carriers are suitable for babies weighing between 8 and 35 pounds.
Of course, finding a perfect fit may not always be this simple. If you are still unsure of which size will work best for you, consider the following points:
- You have petite or narrow shoulders
- You have a short torso
- You wear a smaller cup size
- You carry your weight in the lower half of your body
- You would like your baby to sit higher on your body
- You will wear the sling with light-weight clothing (i.e. t-shirt, tank top)
- You have broad shoulders
- You have a long torso
- You wear a larger cup size
- You carry your weight in the upper half of your body
- You would like your sling to fit slightly looser
- You will wear heavy clothing (i.e. sweater, coat)